Accidentally took too much mestinon (maybe). Scared!

jknh9

Hi everyone,

The brain fog has been bad lately for me and I think I may have accidentally taken two of my mestinon pills this morning instead of one.  Although then I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if I took any at all! It happened when I was filling my pill case.. I've got to remember to put all the pills in and THEN take them, not try and take them as I'm filling it -_-  Gahh...

Has anyone accidentally doubled up on mestinon? My pills are 60 mg and I usually take one in the morning and one in afternoon/evening. This would have put me at 120 mg at one time.   Has anyone been told this is dangerous?

I understand that, and I'm not asking for medication advice. Sorry if it came across that way. I want to know if others have done this and, if so, what they experienced. 

I'm not looking for a lawsuit. I'm just scared and wanting to talk to others who may have been in this situation.

I have done this with other medications accidentally, I have actually called poison control and explained. They have great information on what is too much and might be harmful, what will probably be fine, half life of drugs , what to watch for etc... It put my mine at ease.

I don't know how much you are taking but I researched on what could be taken at most some years ago (when I was increasing the dosage to find out what works best for me) and was surprised to find out how much you could take before getting in trouble. I can't remember the specific dosage but I guess that you feel whenever it's more than you're used to. I remember increasing always brought back the side effects for a few days. Of course whenever you think you've taken too much it's best to call your doc!