Aquagenic Wrinklege of Palm

Crazy-98

Earlier i had flare all over my body due to wrong medication for which my dermatologist prescribed me sone drugs like Augumentin,Livocitrazin and stroid Prednisone starting with 40 mg and tapering 5 mg per 5 day.When i started takin 10 mg or less a weired condition developed on my palm in which as soon as i touch water it gets wrinkled.Although it gets normal within an hour or so but it burns for entire day.Have anyone developed the same condition?Is there any permanent cure of it?

I am sorry you are going through this, I never heard of this, and had to read to learn you must be very uncomfortable. Some of the articles I read suggested antiperspirant or salt baths could be helpful. You certainly should talk to your dermatologist about changing your drugs or maintenance.  Something with lidocaine would be great. Call you dermo and ask if you can use a topical cream that has lidocaine in it, with your swelling and wrinkling I might ask about using a hemorrhoid product. I wish you well. 

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/aquagenic-wrinkling-of-the-palms/

• 6 months later...

That's really weird.  I've noticed my hands wrinkle up pretty quickly when I'm bathing and I was wondering why.  I used to be able to almost get through my shower or bath before that would happen, and now it happens within the first 5 or so minutes.

I'm pretty sure my sodium levels are out of whack though--due to a medication I'm on--so I guess that's why.