Bruising and Healing

I tripped and whacked my shin bad about ten days ago, today it still is mostly visible with now a streak of blood going down my leg to the top of my foot. They iced it at PT. I've also been doing exercises on my balance board and after a few minutes my feet are purple. I'm seeing the cardiologist tomorrow and will bring it up. Does anyone else have problems with bruises healing slowly? What can I expect? This is new to me.

Sometimes I bruise very easily. Recently I had a tooth extraction and the bruising was terrible...lasted 3 weeks. I do eat a lot of ginger for migraine and olive oil, both which have blood thinning properties I believe. I think several others have mentioned slow healing. I hope the cardiologist is helpful!

Yes!!!  For as long as I can remember I've always bruised easily.  In the last 5 years or so I feel it has gotten worse.  My legs are always covered in "mystery" bruises.  There were a few times I remember smashing into something and really hurting myself (like the corner of the bed) and having a huge egg type bruise on my leg that turned all colors of the rainbow and lasted way more than a month.  My blood work is always fine so I just chalked it up to being "sensitive". 

Yes, horrible bruises that take forever to heal. I sometimes look like I have gone 5 rounds with a prize fighter, I fall and faint a lot. I have bruised easily all my life, but the slow healing only occurred a few months before I started having the first of the POTS and NCS symptoms. I would make sure to talk with your doctor about this because we all have different reasons for what is happening to us.

I saw my cardioloigist today and he poked at it a lot. I have been ordered to sit in my lounge chair with my feet up, watch the tube and put warm compresses on it to bring down the hematoma, Epsom salt soaks anytime and I am also to take a break and DO NOTHING for a while, I still am to exercise but no stressy things.