red hot knees?

So I recently moved and have been painfully active. About 10k steps per day. Well my legs, back, hips etc all hurt from it and today I noticed the lower part of my knee is red and hot. I know blood clots are common in knees but are in the back usually. I have red hot knees only in the front in a small section and it isn't painful at all. Has anyone noticed anything like this, wondering if it's maybe arthritis or something.

This sounds so simple, but have you tried Ibuprofen?  Just wondering if a few doses of an anti-inflammatory might settle it down.  If it does work, might tell you that it was inflammation and then you might have an idea of what you are dealing with.   Back to the old process-of-elimination theory!

Guest KiminOrlando

That happened to me. It eventually turned out to be Rheumatoid Arthritis. Go to the doctor and show them your red, hot knees. They should run a blood test - an ANA test. If it is positive, go to a Rheumatologist. Rheumatoid Arthritis is common with POTS. 

I hope you just got sunburned instead of having RA too. This may not be a fun development. :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 

Kim 

Guest KiminOrlando

I wasn't positive for 10 years. I bet you are in the early stages. The knees are usually the first target. Was your SED rate elevated? Did they do a full rheumatoid panel or just an ANA? It may start with a vague inflammatory process that they call undifferentiated connective tissue disease. 

This may turn out to be a long process. :(

Tylenol Arthritis was my best friend during those days.

Hope you get answers quickly. 

Kim