Dysautonomia and acute illness

Hey, everyone. I've been sick for nearly a week now and was finally diagnosed with mono. I know from past experience that having any kind of infection can leave me fatigued and nearly bedridden for weeks. Some typically healthy individuals can take weeks to months to get over mono, and I'm curious if anyone with POTS/EDS has experienced mono, and if so how did it go? Is there nything I can do to give my body the best chance possible at recovering in a timely fashion?

Mono triggered autonomic dysfunction in me and years later I developed POTS. Mono can trigger many problems and when I had it when I was 23 I was ill and never got back to my previous level of health. Looking back I should have looked after myself more with healthy food, plenty of rest and supplements. I fought it and tried to push myself and that made me feel a lot worse. It could also trigger Mast Cell Activation and that might be worth looking into. I have intolerances/allergies and histamine issues. 

I hope you feel much better very soon. Rest and gentle exercise. Be kind to yourself x

(I have EDS and POTS)