Hot Temperature Top-out?

Razzles

I'm new here, hello!
I have been dealing with POTS symptoms for years, but it was only this last year that things started to get really bad and now I'm going through the process of getting an official diagnosis. One of the things I am wondering is: what is the maximum temperature you can tolerate and for how long?

I notice a difference in how I feel at 75 degrees F and 80 degrees really is about all I can take. I can only be outside for 5 minutes before the heart pounding kicks in and I find it's hard to breathe as well. What about others? How long can you be out and what is your cut off temperature?

Welcome to the forum.

When I first developed POTS symptoms I recall that is one of the symptoms I particularly noticed.  I became very intolerant of heat--and yes anything above around 80 degrees F would greatly exacerbate symptoms.

I have to say that over the years my tolerance for heat has improved.  Hopefully this will be the case for you as well.

Humidity's my nemesis...  I was at a friend's house last weekend and they had all of their windows open and aircon shut off.   It was probably only 78F/25.5C inside but humidity was thick.   My pulse was running ~80-95 BPM just sitting whereas I normally run ~45-55 bpm sitting.    I've walked into stores/restaurants whose AC is obviously malfunctioning where the temperature might be alright but humidity is high and I'll have to walk right back out of them because I know I'll become symptomatic quickly. 

Likewise, the aircon at where I'm staying this week isn't working (repair guy coming this afternoon).  It was 82F/28C inside last night, but there's a dehumidifier here, so as long as I was in front of a fan I felt fine. 

The old-timers in Florida would always say "It's not the heat, but the humidity that gets you," and I do believe they are correct.  

I live in Australia and I'm dreading summer this year. We had heatwaves that went on and on over a span of three months last year and temps were regularly over 38C or 100F. We have no air con in our rented house but hoping to sort that out before Spring. If it's that hot again I think I'm going to end up back in hospital. I've even looked at moving to a cooler climate.