Feeling very frustrated and scared

Blood pressure and your concern regarding not being able to feel your pulse should be very closely related. Blood pressure is the measurement of the force against your arteries.  The top number is the force during beats where the bottom number is the force between beats.  Most blood pressure cuffs measure blood pressure at the pulse point along the brachial artery near your inner elbow.  When your blood pressure is 160 - 190 (which is really high by the way) I'll bet that your pulse is easier to find when your blood pressure is running lower. 

The point I am making is that measuring your blood pressure should be a better gauge.  And you should really work with a doctor about getting that blood pressure down into a healthy range.

There is an anxiety medicine, buspar, which was recommended by POTS Dr at Cleveland clinic. He said it doesn't cause worsening of Autonomic symptoms.  I haven't utilized it yet.

Often with pots and general Dysautonomia, it's a trial and error of meds and treatments that provide relief.  If you don't want to use medications to control symptoms then there are non pharmacological treatments to ask your doctor about. 

• Increase fluid intake (2-2.5 litres per day).
  • Increase salt intake (3-5 g per day).
  • Raise the head of bed.
  • Exercises for the lower legs to improve muscle strength and pump action. Exercise programmes must be graduated.
  • Compression stockings.
  • Changing eating patterns - for example, eating smaller meals more frequently.
  • Avoidance of alcohol and other trigger factors (such as heat or sitting still for long periods of time).
  • Counter meanuevers to prevent syncope 

Article written by one of our medical advisor's dr Julian Stewart  http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/902155-treatment#d7

• 2 weeks later...

I also check my pulse often as a nervousness thing. I don't know what i really expect to find as its been pretty consistent for the last 6 years with little to no tachycardia. But i notice that sometimes it beats harder and sometimes it beats weaker.