Veins everywhere

katcanny

Hi everyone! It might be a silly thing to ask but ever since I have been unwell which is about 6 months now I have noticed my veins are getting more and more prominent! You could always see some of them in my arms but now they are visible everywhere? Is this normal!? Does anyone else have this? 

When your veins are visible and prominent it ususally indicates vasodilation. Which is when they expand when you're hot or anxious. I personally have "flares" when im hot and my veins protrude, bulge and hurt. The vasodilation causes my bp and heart rate to freak out. If you get cold your veins shoild vasoconstrict and become less visible. Maybe take a shower and change the temp to see. Sometimes though the anxiety of health issues makes us more aware of stuff that was already there. Could be normal and you just noticed but i dont think there's any reason why your veins would be more prominent except something causing vasodilation. But your skin would be warmer and redder and maybe flushed too. In my experience and research anyways.

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2017 at 7:24 AM, katcanny said:

Hi everyone! It might be a silly thing to ask but ever since I have been unwell which is about 6 months now I have noticed my veins are getting more and more prominent! You could always see some of them in my arms but now they are visible everywhere? Is this normal!? Does anyone else have this? 

I have noticed this as well. I've always had some visible veins on my chest and wrists mainly but now after getting sick I'm seeing them everywhere and more prominently. It's almost as if they are spreading throughout my body or raising to the surface of the skin. It's so bizarre. If my vessels vasodilate I can see them all over my chest, wrists/forearm, feet, inner thighs, and even my biceps at times if the lighting is right. When they are vasoconstricted its much less noticeable but I can't help to feel like my veins changed somehow. I've heard that there has been research suggesting that histamine release can actually change the collagen in your body to different types which may cause weakening of the blood vessels. I feel like this is a real possibility to why they are different now.