Anyone had laparoscopy for endometriosis?

cmreber

Hello!

This isn't necessarily POTS related, but I figured I might ask anyway. Like many on here, it seems like my body always has to do things the hard way, so aside from POTS, I've had to have my gallbladder removed, and now this ?  Anyway, I had the laparoscopy on Monday and just had a question, if anyone is interested in PMing me if you've had it done. 

Thanks!!! :)

I had this procedure, They did not find any endometriosis at that time but I was told it can sometimes be hard to see . As my gynae problems increased one of my  diagnoises was adenomyosis basically endometrium breaking through the lining of the womb feel free to ask  me your question happy to help if I can ! 

Hi dancer65!

Hopefully you were able to find some relief even though they didn't see it while in there! 

They were actually able to find a lot during my procedure and did a lot of cauterization. Everything has been healing nicely, but I believe I've started my period now and I was wondering how your first one right after was. I don't mean to share TMI, but I have been having heavy flow (which I have read is typical) but some has been rectal as well as vaginal and I'm just not sure if that's normal. Just curious if anyone else has been there done that lol! 

Thanks and hope you're having a good weekend!

Hi I didn't have cauterisation but a scrape it was a long time ago but I know I didn't have rectual bleeding this was before I was diagnoised with POTS and VVS but my problem afterwards was passing out and stopping the bleeding from my insertion. 

Here in uk we can ring the ward we were on to ask for advice, is that an option for you ? If it were me I would be checking with your consultant or GP that  this is normal 

sorry I was not any help to you but please let us know all is well x

No worries, thanks for the reply anyway! ?

My normal gyno isn't on call but I did just talk to the on call Dr and he said to monitor it and come in if it gets worse, and my normal gyno will call me first thing Monday. 

Thanks so much! <3

I've had a laparoscopy for endometriosis.  I was so happy I did it--I could only stand 20 minutes at a time by then the pain was so bad and my first surgeon canceled my surgery b/c she was afraid of the dysautonomia and me coding on the table.  I found another surgeon and it went very well.  I did not have any rectal bleeding, but a host of other issues.  I was supposed to be off work 2.5 weeks and was off 2.5 months.  They told me not to expect a period for a few months (b/c I also had a D&C, hysteroscopy, cyst and fibroid removal, appendectomy) but since I've always been a 2x/month cycler, I got it in 2 weeks anyway.

Yes had many clean ups and finally complete hysterectomy after 8 surgeries. Endometrosis can be connected to MCAS (mast cell activation syndrime).  If you had any prolapse - dropped uterus, bladder - also look in to EDS (Ehlers Danlos).  I had all those things. I don't remember rectal bleeding either. I do wish I had known that there was an estrogen dominance issue connected to it. And had I balanced my other hormones, maybe things would have gone better. 

Issie

On 3/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, dancer65 said:

I had this procedure, They did not find any endometriosis at that time but I was told it can sometimes be hard to see . As my gynae problems increased one of my  diagnoises was adenomyosis basically endometrium breaking through the lining of the womb feel free to ask  me your question happy to help if I can ! 

This is my story lol I'm going in the end of this month for a hysterectomy due to adenomyosis....It can't come soon enough! First procedure since dysautonomia diagnosis so I'm a little nervous about the anesthesia.

Hi Steph

although hysterectomy is big op I was pleased I had it done , I was  relieved not to be living on oramorph just to control the pain anymore . 

My advice to you would be get yourself as organised as you can before your op because you will feel exhausted for some time afterwards, I had wonderful friends and family who helped, don't overdo it either whilst you are recovering! 

I am sure the medical staff will take care of you knowing you have POTS, have a good chat with them so you know exactly what the plan is so you feel more at ease. 

Hope it all goes well,  feel free to Pm before or after op if you have any questions x

• 2 weeks later...

Htberg, I'm glad you finally found someone to do it, and I'm glad it helped you!  Sorry to hear about the complications though!  I have seen my doctor for post-op follow up since, and he is a little concerned that I might still have some in the back, where they can't get with the typically laparoscopic procedure.  He put me on birth control, so we're going to see where it goes from here!  I'm crossing my fingers this is it for a bit!

issie, omg! That is a LOT of surgeries! I'm so sorry you went through all of that, just to have a hysterectomy at the end of it all.  My doctor thinks end game may be that for me too, but since I don't want children, he will probably just do that if the endometriosis and symptoms return, so I don't have to go through more of these procedures down the road.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but, who knows!  That's interesting, I didn't know about the correlation to MCAS. I have actually wondered in the past if I don't have that.  I will have to check into the prolapsed issue, I have the full surgery report.  I know when I originally got tested for everything at Mayo Clinic, they believe that I may have a component of that, due to my hypermobile joints.

Steph89, so sorry they didn't find anything before and wishing you all the luck with your upcoming surgery!  I hope it helps you!  I find that the anesthesia isn't too bad.  At least, I don't have any trouble while in the operating room, though they were aware of my POTS when I went in.  I do find that I am super light headed and dizzy with pretty agressive presyncope symptoms after the surgery, but only for the first day.  Just take it slow getting up, and let your post op nurse know!

dancer65, great suggestions!  All very helpful after!  I'm glad your hysterectomy helped you so much, and good to know if I have to go down that road later! 

Thank you everyone for the replies!!!  I'm fortunately doing better, and healing up nicely!