Hypo POTS and Nucynta

KiminOrlando

Hey. Does anybody have any experience with hypo POTS and taking the pain killer Nucynta? I was reading that it blocks norepinephrine and that just doesn't sound like a good idea. I think I remember my doctor saying either I didn't have enough norepinephrine or that my norepinephrine receptors were blocked and that was the reason for my POTS. It also mentioned that it decreases cortisol levels and since I had an adrenaline crash after my last surgery, I don't think this should be my post op pain killer.

Any thoughts or experience you could share would be greatly appreciated. I saw a thread several years ago, but it looked like it was more about hyper POTS, I think. 

Also, is a norepinephrine blocker the same as a Mu-inhibitor?

Thanks.

Kim

• 2 years later...

My rheumatologist said it helps down-regulate the central nervous system and will help control my dysautonomia, in addition to helping the pain (another thing she put me for this is Horizant). I just picked it up and it has been helping with my tachycardia and lowering my BP.  But in the world of rare disorders, this could mean very little for the way you'll respond to it, but I hope a little anecdotal experience helps.