Garlic Salt and Asthma

Can garlic salt trigger asthma? I used a little extra garlic salt mixed in the flour when i made breaded pork chops for dinner last night and I ate that last night and tonight for left overs. both times an hour or so after i ate I keep getting chest tightness and feel like I am having trouble breathing. My grandma seems to think its the garlic salt. Any one else have issues with garlic salt? 

I don't have asthma but I do have mcas. I have a few herbs and spices on my list of things that can cause a mast cell reaction. Anything can cause an allergic reaction and because of that I would suspect could bother your asthma. If this is new for you, you might want to check in with your doctor just to be on the safe side.

I have an appointment coming up so I will ask her then. Its weird though. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn't. It was also very humid those couple days too during the heat wave in the east coast. 

If you do have a mast cell disorder (and I am currently on the elimination diet to see...for diagnosis is tricky) pork emits more histamine than beef or chicken, say.

More importantly, any food that is not absolutely fresh, and/or kept as leftovers ...even cooked or sitting refrigerated, (especially meat and fish)....will have histamine levels rise expodentially the longer it sits.

Even if you don't have MCAS, the rise in histamine in leftover meat might trigger an allergic response....especially in warm weather, when food degades more quickly.

Also, you might try fresh garlic.

Try using very fresh meat and freezing leftovers.  Defrost in the microwave rather than letting it sit. Garlic is generally not a trigger, but might be for you....especially in a preserved form.

By the way, I'm eating really well (and actually gaining weight on this diet!)