Pots/dysautonomia caused by medication allergic reaction, worse prognosis?

• 2 weeks later...

What I  know from observance of several older ones who were on statins - One man, went bed bound. Couldn't walk, seemed he had dementia. He had issues with his heart. He got off them and lived for many years. We didn't think he would come out of the hospital. 

My father-in-law had a very similar experience. He couldn't find his way to his bedroom. Could barely rise from sitting. Was very weak in his legs. He got so much better off them. He does however also have lasting dementia. But that too is better. He was very lethargic and now is much more active. 

I think they both had dementia before the statins, but the statins made them worse and they both had horrible leg weakness. 

It's encouraging to note, they both got better, in time, off the med. 

It is thought that too much sugar in the diet can cause elevated chlosterol and high triglycerides. That can even be too much fruit. My hubby figured out our morning smoothies, with mostly whole fruits, was his culprit. 

Issie