Energizing foods.

What are some ideas for energizing foods? My fatigue has been bad lately and I want to try eating healthier foods that give energy. Have you found any foods that help you? 

I think one of the healthiest whole foods to eat are hard boiled eggs.  They aren't processed, they have a lot of protein (the white is all protein) and the yolk has so many vitamins in it.  My husband is hypoglycemic and a lot of the time he depends on a couple of hard boiled eggs (rolled in salt and pepper, of course) to start the day.  The protein and vitamins help with brain function and you also avoid the crashes that you get with sugary things that give you temporary energy.  Well, that's my two-cent's worth!  Hope you feel better soon!

I find eating a package of Ramen noodles and drinking g all the liquid from it, which I realize is not healthy but has a huge amount of sodium (often 1200 mg depending on the brand and flavor) gives me a big boost in how I'm feeling. I drink a bottle of water with it too.

I also find a berry and banana smoothie with Greek yogurt is a good boost. I freeze the berries and sliced bananas in baggies ahead of time so I can just dump the baggie full of fruit in the blender, add yogurt (coconut greek yogurt is my fav) and water and whiz it up. I also sometimes add a handful if baby spinach leaves if I have some on hand. I'll also add watermelon if I have some. Freezing the fruit allows for more fruit in the blender since I don't have to take up space with ice cubes.

I'm also a fan of salads that have a lean protein like chicken breast, chicken salad, etc. I use baby kale, baby chard, baby spinach, add meat, baby carrots, baby bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, roasted chickpeas, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a low fat dressing. I read somewhere not to use no fat dressings because your body needs some fat to be able to metabolize certain vitamins in the veggies. But, to pick a healthy fat like olive oil, coconut oil, etc..

Since being on the whole 30 diet since the beginning of March my fatigue and energy levels have gone from a roller coaster to being steady. To me it's really weird and those around me notice that I look like I can't get fatigued or run out of energy. The only reason I  quit at the end of the day is because I get sleepy but my energy never stops. Yesterday my fitbit said I did 25000 steps and I never went for a walk. I built a deck, took a load of bark to the dump (that I had to shovel),  dug out the boulders on the side of my house and worked on my boat. Going full speed 6am till 10pm and never stopped to rest or take a break. So to answer your question I eat mostly omega 3 eggs, vegetables, nuts. 

Thanks for the good ideas :)! DizzyGirls: I eat eggs everyday lol. I eat them because they are good and they are very easy to make when I am tired. Which I am most of the time. Katybug: I used to eat ramen everyday for lunch! It was so good. But then When I started getting migraines I learned more about what could trigger it so I try to stay away from things with a lot of preservatives. Sadly ramen is one of the things I can't eat anymore. I miss it!  Lewis: thats amazing! 25000 steps! I could never do that many. I barely make it to my goal of 6000!