Ivabradine

Hello everyone,

I am on Ivabradine 5 mg in the morning and I am still experiencing POTS with heart rate going up 50 beats per minute when standing. I am also still very fatigued. I am going back to the drawing board with Dr. Barboi and adjusting meds. The best thing I have done so far is bought a heart rate/blood pressure wrist cuff to track my heart rate and blood pressure.

He may increase dose or switch me to a different med. Propalol made me dizzy and more fatigued so I did not tolerate that well but it seemed to help more with the POTS.

Happy Summer 2016 on the POTS med merry-go-round! I will keep you all updated and abreast of what my outcome is. Also going to start working with a functional med doctor to re-build that way as well because I have POTS and CFS to deal with.

Stay strong!

Sean

Hang in there, Sean! How long have you been on the Ivabradine?    This medication has been the only one my HR has responded to. On average,  I've gone from 120's to to 80-90's. I take 5mg am/pm.  There are some days mid afternoon when my heart just pounds, and I feel like the medicine is wearing off. I have been told by my dr. it's short acting.  Do you notice any relief after taking it in the am?

Nice another guy! IMO sounds like you have pots, but on the tilt table test did you actually get the results and see what your BP does because there is hyperadreneric pots and there is labile pots and there Orthostatic hypotension pots and there is just regular bp pots. Also what I recommend is getting a hr wrist tracker like miofuse or fitbit or apple watch. Its continuous and easier to see whats happening after everything like eating, ect...

I'm still learning about everything so this might be a stupid question... Have you tried florinef? I have POTS and IST and it seems like the florinef (and increase of electrolytes/fluids and salt) have helps the POTS part a bit and I'm thinking that the Ivabradine has helped the IST part a bit. I'm sure they both help both issues, but I thought maybe it would be something to try? :)

Good luck to you. I know this is not fun trying to figure out meds as I am in the same boat right now! :)