Atlas Orthogonal - has anyone tried this treatment?

navyblue

Hello,

So I had a bad experience with a chiropractic neck cracking manipulation - it has left me with increased head pressure, brain fog, and dizziness..however even though she seemed to have messed it up I do think she was onto something with saying my neck felt off...my POTS symptoms did, after all, begin a week after a whiplash/concussion-type skiing accident.

So I've been doing a lot of research and found something called Atlas Orthogonal, which is a non-manipulative non-invasive technique that take xrays to see if your atlas is off and then a gentle machine pushes it back into place.

I have heard really good things about this, but I am wary, especially as regular chiropractic usually doesn't make people feel terrible and it made me feel terrible, so I'm not sure if this would have a good effect or not. But I have to try something. I'm really suffering and I feel the key is the neck. I read a coupe positive things about Atlas Orthogonal on here, especially from @AShelton80, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried it or what you all think.

I haven't tried this treatment nor do I know anything about it. But, I really want to encourage you to consult with a neurosurgeon and get an upright mri ordered if you feel like there is something going on with your neck. My old chiro said you should never feel dizzy from an adjustment...that is a sign of nerve or blood vessel impingement. This is such a delicate and important part of your spine. The atlas adjustment could even affect your brain stem. Please be careful.

Hmmm, that is actually really good advice but I don't think I could ever scrape up the funds for an upright MRI...would the atlas adjustment theoretically free up the nerve or blood vessel impingement? I guess that is a question for someone with xray vision into my neck haha. I didn't feel dizzy directly after the adjustment, just pressurized and off...the dizziness that I often feel with POTS came on strongly a couple of weeks afterwards

• 3 years later...

My daughter just started seeing an atlas orthogonal chiropractor  to see if it will help her headaches.  We are so excited about this doctor and this procedure!  It has helped her headaches and we’re hoping it helps all her POTS symptoms.  Her atlas was off and the procedure to correct this was painless and very safe. The machine uses sound waves to make the adjustment.  We were told that many POTS patient symptoms could improve from an atlas adjustment.  The nerves up and down the spine are affected when the atlas is off.  We’re very upset that none of the doctors we’ve seen over the years have ever suggested this as a possible treatment!!