Low heart rate during night

rje11

I have diabetic autonomic neuropathy and my heart rate always runs low.  I am on oxygen at nighttime, so I use a pulse oximeter and can upload the results on my computer.  It also records the heart rate and the last two nights it  has gone down into the 40's (low of 44 and 48).  Average overnight was about 53.  Should I be concerned?  I do have coronary artery disease and labile blood pressure, too.

THanks

RJE

4 hours ago, corina said:

For me I can be as low as in low 30's (during the night) but it doesnt concern my cardio. If ever you feel uncomfortable you'd best ask your doctor!

+1 I've got an implanted loop recorder that auto-transmits and when they had me taking metoprolol, they said there were a lot of instances where my rate dipped into the high 30's (triggered a transmission to the monitoring center) for a brief period during certain sleep cycles.  EP was never concerned about it, said the sinus rhythm was good, just the bpm was a little low.

I had a 24 hour HR/BP monitor when i was first ill . My HR and BP both went very low.  My dr told me this was normal.  If you think about it, it makes sense - you need less blood flow at rest lying down.  When I took oxygen once my HR went low, so that may also be a factor here.  It's always good to check with your dr to confirm - especially if you may have other medical conditions besides dysautonomia.

Thanks for all the good input. I actually have MANY other conditions besides dysautonomia, so I don't know if that will make them concerned or not.  I did call my cardio and he is out of town this week.  I am going to just keep track of it and see if I end up having symptoms from it.  

RJE