Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shathaway0811

Wrinkled fingers and autonomic dysfunction...

So while driving my car today, my fingers randomly got super wrinkly. My hands were not sweaty and had not been in any water... It was quite interesting. I didn't think much of it but out of curiosity looked it up to see what causes wrinkled/pruny fingers aside from water, and much to my surprise, parasympathetic nervous system issues (i.e. autonomic nervous system issues) can be a cause for this! Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon that they've noticed outside of water? I'm curious to know!

Human bodies are weird. 

Lol. 

Yes, yes, and yes!  I discovered this several years ago. I also have realized that when my fingers are really wrinkled I usually feel much worse. I have wondered if it stems from my low blood volume. Just thoughts. Wish doctors could sit down with our forum members and listen to all the things many of us have in common. Might be some clues in there somewhere. :).

Angelloz, 

Yes!!! I felt like CRAP yesterday. Lots of GI symptoms and fast heart beat all day. Interesting. And yeah I really hope physicians start to be able to look at this disorder in a big-picture way... Some do but it's hard to find them!

Sarah 

I notice last Summer that this would happen to me, but I couldn't figure out why. Last summer my symptoms were intense, to say the least. Today, was unseasonably warm where I live, but I relatively symptom free. I noticed, however, my heart rate rate was slightly elevated, nothing extreme resting was around 115bpm. I noticed my hands were wrinkled today around noon, at this point I had eaten and had about 90 oz of water and 20 oz of cokecola (my guilty pleasure). So I wasnt dehydrated. This evening though my kids were playing outside with the neighbor kids. I'm out there watching them with another neighborhood father. I was walking when BOOM vertigo and I fell over, despite having my cane with me for balance. The neighbor had to walk me home. It was pretty embarrassing.

This started my query into pruney finger tips and dysautonomia symptoms, which led me here. 

Thank you for your post and linking the two. 

Joelle

20180227_124529.jpg

I'll have to pay attention and see if this coincides with bad days. I noticed it first a couple months ago and just figured it was due to recent weight loss but it keeps happening - even after gaining back what I lost. I thought it was the craziest thing and my family just counted it up as "me being weird" again. Funny to know how many of those weird things are actually tied to dysautonomia and POTS now that I actually have a diagnosis.

I have been unwell for 2 years and diagnosed with under active thyroid... taken Levothyroxine since June but still have nasty symptoms. Now I notice wrinkly fingertips that dent when pressed.. at my wits end as to know what’s wrong with me...