Season change causing problems

db2504

Hi everyone,  Hope you are feeling okay. I was wondering is anyone having a really hard time with their symptoms right now?  I was wondering if it could be the change in seasons. My daughter is really suffering especially with body pain and very frequent adrenaline rushes. Does anyone have severe muscle pain and if so what do you take to help with the pain. Tylenol is not cutting it. 

Katybug, 

You weren't the only one that likes the cooler days!  My 19-year-old loves warm weather, she just feels really lousy in it!  It was warm and dry here in the SF area about 2 weeks ago, just really beautiful weather, but she felt just awful.  She likes it about 65, cloudy and humid.  Don't know why, but she just feels better.

db2504,

My daughter doesn't get the adrenaline rushes, but her head feels like it is going to split in two.  In fact, it has been getting so bad, that her neuro just put her on some amitryptiline to see if that will help.  Her heart rate will fluctuate more and she battles vertigo also, so this gets even more severe in the spring when it is warm and dry.  We have been getting significant amounts of rain lately, so it has also been helping with a horrible pollen count.  Do the spring pollens bother your daughter?  Any weather change and especially season changes (spring and fall are the worst) are really debilitating for her.  Also, can she take motrin in the higher doses?  It might help.  Next step would be prescription meds.  I know my daughter can't take Motrin anymore because of the Florinef.  Hope your daughter feels better soon!

I feel best when the weather gradually goes up and stays between 68 to 70 degrees. Also a full moon doesn't help either. I live in NEO and right now our weather goes from cold to hot every few days which is causing my blood pressure to stay low causing me to want to faint unless I am sitting or laying down. The only thing that helps is I put air on and do a lot of sitting and laying down. The cool air helps.

Thank you very much for your replies and concern.  My daughter does not seem to be struggling with the pollen. She actually hasnt tried Motrin, so we will give it a try. She doesnt really tolerate meds very well which is making it very hard to get any relief. She also has a swollen lymph node in her armpit. She will be getting an ultrasound for this, but we are thinking it could be part of the POTS.