Ivabradine first few days

Although not currently taking, due to unrelated bradycardia issue, was on Ivabradine for about 5 months. I saw a change in heart rate within the first 48 hours. Definitely was more effective for me when they switched me to a higher dose of 7.5 x 2 a day. I did experience a lot of light sensetivities with this med. This did improve with time but never went away. It is important to be sure your heart rate is not dropping to low with this med as it is not recomended for people who's resting heart rate I'd below 60.  I hope that it works for you! Keep us posted on how you do!

This is the only drug I could tolerate and effectively lowered my resting HR from 100 down to 62.  I love it.  For me, it took about a month to notice an overall difference.  I started having more stamina to do things, like working my full time job.  I do take 7.5mg x2 per day.  I have been on it since November. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello darling,

I'm so happy for you also! I've had similar results with this medicine too. Its really given me my life back in so many ways. I celebrated my ten year anniversary with a trip to NYC a few weeks ago and managed to make it up 7 flights of stairs to a rooftop restaurant. I walked around 2 1/2 days straight! :)

last summer I began riding my bike after I started this drug, I've been on it for exactly a year. I wish you the best. The only negative is that it has a lot of interactions with other medications for the potential of an arrhythmia called long qt syndrome, so i suggest researching all new meds.

you mentioned in another topic you have ist also right? My symptoms of ist are virtually gone on the ivabradine. I'm so grateful. Anyway, I'm truly happy for you that you e found relief. Like we talk about on this forum, its really about trial and error with meds until finding the one(s) that give the most benefit. Do you experience any brightness? There's a side effect called luminous phenomenon because it affects the if(funny channel) connected to the retina. The natural light is a bit bothersome when I'm outside, so I i just make sure I've got sunglasses.

please keep us updated! Wishing you all the very best ;-)

Sarah

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine going up 10 flights of stairs or riding a bike! I hope I'm on my way to feeling like I can do that too! :)

As far as the medication interaction, I saw somewhere that one of my medicines could interact with Ivabradine to potentially cause Long qt syndrome. I asked my regular dr (not my cardiologist) and she said she checked it in her interaction checker and there were no interactions. I'm a little confused about why it would say everywhere not to take these together but my dr. says it's fine. I'm not feeling super settled about this.  I must be misunderstanding something. :( Is this a sudden problem or one that slowly progresses? 

Yes, I also have IST. no, I haven't have any of the brightness problems. :) I have had some... um... digestive problems... :( I'm hoping that just goes away with time. 

• 8 months later...
On 3/21/2016 at 3:54 PM, ANCY said:

Although not currently taking, due to unrelated bradycardia issue, was on Ivabradine for about 5 months. I saw a change in heart rate within the first 48 hours. Definitely was more effective for me when they switched me to a higher dose of 7.5 x 2 a day. I did experience a lot of light sensetivities with this med. This did improve with time but never went away. It is important to be sure your heart rate is not dropping to low with this med as it is not recomended for people who's resting heart rate I'd below 60.  I hope that it works for you! Keep us posted on how you do!

Light sensitivity (photophobia) on Ivabradine?  I'm having issues with chronic conjunctivitis and wonder if it's the ivabradine.

Sorry I didn't experience this but I was also only on it for several months. I ended up with a pacemaker because of the bradycardia and no longer need the ivabradine as my heart rate is controlled by the pacemaker.

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2016 at 2:21 PM, Hello Darling said:

I'm now taking 7.5 twice a day and I feel AMAZING!  It's like I'm getting my life back!  I am in total shock over how good I've felt!  I feel like this is a miracle medication. 

great to hear you had a good response! Is this still working for you?