Pots, Neurocardiogenic Syncope, and Spinial Atrophy

Hey I have a question for everyone. I have Neurocardiogenic Syncope (ncs), Pots, and also spinal atrophy in my T spine. I've been having a lot major issues with all of them lately, it seems like each of them are getting worse. I was at my cardiologist's office this week and he asked me if any of my other Dr's (mainly my neurologists) have told me that the spinal atrophy could be effecting my heart and putting more strain on it. He's concerned and is having me get an echo just to be on the safe side. So my question is does anyone else deal with all of this and if you do how are you dealing with it?

The spinal atrophy is getting worse much faster then we originally thought. For the past few months I've been having more trouble with my walking and even moving my legs by myself. And it's gotten to the point that I can barely walk much or climb stairs without having chest pain or my heart rate soaring or being out of breath, or all of the above. I just want to know other's experiences.

I don't think it's exactly the same thing, but have you read about thoracic outlet syndrome? I wonder if what you have could have similar effects. They believe I have cervico-medullary syndrome because of the instability in my c-spine. Cervico-medullary syndrome can cause dysautonomia symptoms. 

Thanks Katie for responding...I looked up and read about thoracic outlet syndrome and most of my symptoms don't fit . I've been told that I was born with spinal cord damage and had the spinal atrophy in my t spine. And also I had a car accident 6 years ago that caused more damage. My cardiologist was saying that since I'm having to use more effort and energy to move my legs for example when I'm walking or going up the stairs, that would cause my cardiovascular system to work harder. And it's already overworking due to the pots and ncs. And then add in the atrophy which means muscle is wasting away and your heart is a muscle. With all that going on that would easily put more strain on my heart. Up to this point my heart has been fine, structurally. He wants to play it safe and make sure it still is fine.

You can try searching for spinal atrophy on the forum, but I don't remember seeing too many posts on this topic before.  It sounds like your doctor has a good plan - to check your heart to make sure the structure is OK.  POTS symptoms go up and down - so hopefully you're just going through a down time that will pass.