Ivabradine

I was moved onto ivabradine about a year ago and for me it has been my miracle drug. It is by no means a cure but it controls my symptoms far better than beta blockers. My query is does anyone else on this drug get vision distortion. In my last eye test I could not read the letters as they were all stretched. I do not notice it day to day, it does not happen close up but I am short sighted but very noticeable on eye test. Opthamology cannot find a physical cause for it so assume side affect from ivabradine as I also get the visual lumina. 

Yes in some situations got both the lumina and some distortion of images,  I think it may be related to lighting for me. Noticed on several occasions but the benefit for me outweighed the vission problems. Not currently taking but was on it for several months prior to bradycardia issues.  

Welcome to DINET. I've also had great success with Ivabradine. After failed trials of Beta beta bockers, alpha/beta,calcium channel blockers, Central Agonists, Ivabradine was the only agent that lowered my HR by at least 1/2.  Congratulations to you for hanging in there until you found something so helpful. It's not easy.

I get the luminous  Phenomena -- mine includes brief moments of sudden brightness usually due to an increase of light in my surroundings. I've heard from some doctors that they're patients describe it as a halo affect or kaleidoscope. What's interesting is it's supposed to dissipate within the first 2-3 months of treatment. I'm going on a year this May, mine has definitely improved. So, just goes to show - we're all different. Best of luck.

Sorry  you had to dx Ancy! bummer