Dysautonomia And Concussion

Guest ANCY

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you dancer and Sylvie! Just have to make it through the weekend. ?Heart Rate average overnight was 28 sooooo looking forward to having some normalcy again!

Hi Ancy,

Will be thinking of you this weekend and Tuesday.  As you can see, lots of people here pulling for you to get better! How long will you be in the hospital for?

Your a really strong young lady, so you just hold tight. I have hope like Corina does that this will help you, also.

Thank you Corina and Sarah. Thank you all for being there standing in support. 

I don't know how long they plan on keeping me, the nurse thought overnight at least. But cardiologist didn't give any indication, I think he wants to see how it goes.

I definitely think it will help, with it bringing my heart rate up, I will not be passing out as much. At least that's what's expected. 

Thank you!

Unfortunately it seems to be that I don't have approval through the insurance so tommorow is canceled... ? Unless by some miracle it gets approved overnight. Hope to maybe reschedule for later this week if possible, will have to see if we can get it pushed through insurance...

Explanation as promised...

So insurance was not going to approve for pacemaker in time due to a mistake with the preauth. Ended up calling the cardio office and speeking with a nurse who after hearing what was going on sent me to the ER, I was passing out for longer and longer periods of time. 

At the ER, dr was very concerned, to the point of putting defibrillator pads on me so they would be ready with external pacing if needed prior to getting the permanent pacemaker.(there were also some weird things happening every so often on the telemetry) So he admitted me and as soon as I made it upstairs three cardiologist, including mine, came to see me in a row and then they were coming to get me for the procedure. 

Procedure went well with only light sedation, a big bonus! Started feeling better almost immediately, well after the meds wore off lol! Most amazing is that I have not passed out one time since it was placed! It feels so good to have a normal heart rate again!

Pacemaker is set no lower than 60 and no higher than 140. I guess it will kick into action if my heart rate goes to fast and try to reset proper pacing. Amazing what new technology can do!

Anyway... better get some rest! Thanks for all the prayers and weLl wishes!