Electrolyte Pills?

I had a friend tell me that me that there are electrolyte tablets or pills. I never heard of these before.

I was wondering if you guys knew what these are, if they are a better alternative to drinking Powerade/gatorade, and where these can be found. Do you all just drink a lot more water with these? Do you take them a few times a day?

There is am over the counter brand called ThermoTabs. My cardiologist prescribes sodium chloride tabs for me. It does make it easier to get a large amount of salt at once. You have to be careful to get enough potassium to balance the sodium and they can be harsh on the stomach. I often can't take mine because I'm prone to nausea and these make it worse if I'm already nauseated.

I use ThermoTabs, too. It is nice that they contain some potassium, but they are harsh on my stomach, too. I also suspect that I'm not taking enough. The past few days I have experimented with drinking 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt (lots of trace elements) in water in the morning. That gives me 2.8 g of salt to start the day.

Also, commercial electrolyte drinks should be mostly avoided. They all contain added sugar, which promotes ill health, and most of them have artificial colors, which are made from petroleum.

We use ThermoTabs also, but a friend also recommends Nuun tablets. Think you just add them to some water, stir and drink. If I recall, though, they did contain either sucralose or stevia leaf extract. Both are not tolerable by my teens, gives them stomach cramps. But, I know the fitness people seem to like them.