Ridges On Nails

Sylvie,

There are just a few meds that can cause biotin deficiencies. I found out the hard way when I was on Depakote for migraines. I started a really good hair/skin/nails supplement and it has returned my hair and nails to health. You might want to check into any meds you're on to see if that could be contributing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, Katybug said:

Sylvie,

There are just a few meds that can cause biotin deficiencies. I found out the hard way when I was on Depakote for migraines. I started a really good hair/skin/nails supplement and it has returned my hair and nails to health. You might want to check into any meds you're on to see if that could be contributing.

Katie,

What hair, skin, nail brand would you recommend?

TCP,

What do you supplement with?

I use the Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails supplement they sell on HSN. I use a few of this brand of supplements because I have found they don't upset my stomach and do what they say they will do. I really haven't tried any other brands.

Edited by Katybug

I read somewhere recently that vertical nail ridging is a sign of nutrition (or vitamin?) deficiency, and happens in POTS because there isn't enough circulation/blood flow to bring nutrients to our finger tips.  I'm going to guess it's the same for hair issues too?  I didn't realize Florinef could make hair issues worse.  I just started on it a week or so ago.  :/