Mthfr ----Has Anyone Researched This?

Wmtate

I have both gene mutations. However, both my hematologist and geneticist have said that because my homocystiene is normal, there is no need for concern. If my homocystiene were elevated, then we would have to address certain issues. If you do a search here on the forum, you should find other threads on this topic.

My doc tested me for the two most common mutations. He said that while he was taught in med school that it is not a significant mutation because ~ 20% of the population has it, he has found that 98% of his patients in his current ME/CFS specialty clinic have these mutations. They are starting to do a big study on the topic. He says he doesn't think it is the cause of our illness but seems to play a role in it.

My son has done the 23 and Me testing. He is homozygous for this gene snp and does need methylfolate and Methyl B-12 viatamins and doners. Dr. Amy Yasko has a free data base that you can enter your 23 and me test results. The report is free. My son's report was 64 pages long and it included what supplements that he should be taking.