Lightheadedness With Stomach Pain And Discomfort?

Hey y'all,

So I know I've been posting a bit about my GI issues, but I have one other question for you all...

Does anyone else experience a lightheaded woozy feeling whenever they get stomach cramps or stomach pain? I'm trying to figure out if it's related to my anxiety (I often times get a stomach ache with panic attacks so when I get a stomach ache I'm wondering if my body is associating that with a panic attack and therefore it causes me to be lightheaded a bit...); but I also know that the vagal nerve is responsive to stomach discomfort and the need to use the restroom, and can be dysfunctional in dysautonomia patients.

If anyone else has experienced this feeling - the best way I can describe it is lightheaded, dizzy, and shaky whenever I even begin to have stomach discomfort - let me know!

Kind of nervous about it...

Thanks,
Sarah

Your GI tract is controlled by autonomic nerves, the same as your cardiovascular system is. It's not unusual to have GI symptoms along with POTS type symptoms at the same time because they are being run by the same faulty nervous system. For example, I often have a bad but of diarrhea when I have a presyncopal episode, complete with abdominal pain and profuse sweating, dizziness, spike in my migraine, and tremors in my hands.

You are not alone. My stomach is in constant agony and there are times the pain is so bad or my bowels become so slow moving that I will overheat, have a panic attack, get lightheaded (though I am lightheaded 90-95% of the time as is) and almost pass out while trying to relieve myself. I know that's an overshare but I am keeping it real. I never get adequate sleep because of major stomach discomfort. I have a slew of stomach issues and I think a lot of it is because of the autonomic dysfunction (and terrible saying habits). My Neuro and gi's have suggested a gluten and dairy free diet. Also my gyno because I have pcos. May be something to ask your doctor about. I'm only day 5 gluten free and I feel worse but I'm going to push through it till my body adjusts. I am so sorry to hear you are experience such discomfort. Hang in there and feel better

Thank you for all the insight everyone. Alicia, I've never actually passed out from the discomfort but I have come very close and it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm going to be having some tests done soon, and I am definitely going to bring these things up to the GI since I can tell for a fact they are related and not simply anxiety the more it happens. I just want to feel normal!! Lol.

I get very lightheaded and symptomatic every time I eat, along with stomach cramps. My GI system is severely affected by the dysautonomia causing gastroperisis and slow transit times though small and large bowels. Whenever I eat my blood pools into my abdomen which causes worsening symptoms with POTS & NCS. I have found wearing an abdominal binder helpful with the blood pooling but not the most comfortable thing to wear when your eating lol!

I hope you can get back to something more like normal soon!