How To Improve Brain Fog?

joshrandall

Hi, I've noticed my short term memory is pretty bad, and Im wondering if there is anyway to improve it, I know it is to do with this, because I never had it before? It's kind of upsetting because gosh is there anything this **** disease doesnt effect? I play poker online for a living and where it doesnt massively affect it, it does to some degree, has anyone got any foods/supplements that they have found helped their brain fog.

There are a number of medications I know some people on this site are using....some primarily targeted to treat ADD (like modafinil) and others for conditions like Alzheimer's. I just ordered and received sulbutiamine....a supplement in the US and a prescription drug in Europe....its synthesized thiamine said to improve energy and cognition. I'm afraid to take it, for insomnia is a side effect....as is true with most of these other meds.

Also, I like many people here, am so sensitive to all drugs. I'm sure others will share their experiences...we are in a bind!

My neuro tried an ADHD drug to try to help my fatigue and cognitive issues. It didn't help me but I know it has helped others.

I found that doing the brain plasticity training on the site Lumosity did improve my cognitive issues BUT if I don't do the games/exercises, I can quite immediately feel the decline again...literally in a day or two. I no longer use that site but have found free apps for my phone that are similar exercises. I do miss being able to track my improvement but it is a paid site and my budget no longer allows.

Depends on how mobile you are, but I find if I sit too long, my blood pressure drops low low low. If you can, get up and walk around, and get your blood flowing. That helps a bunch. If you can tolerate caffeine (I can only in small doses), it may help a little. Also, I've found compression stockings help me when I'm sitting for long periods of time. Hydrate, eat more salt, etc.

Don't know if this helps, but I'm so sensitive to medications that I didn't even want to try ADD meds. Been down that road before with SSRI's and it was a horrible experience for me.

I have found only quite recently that taking very small doses of adderall helps to improve my fatigue and brain function. The prescription is actually for 10mg bid but I only take 5 mg once daily. When I tried taking the higher dosage I developed intolerable tachycardia and palpitations. I tried modafinil but found it only made me feel very flu- like. When I started taking mast cell medications I realized an enormous improvement in my brain function but not as much as I would have liked which was why I began looking for something else to add in. Of course the basics like fluid and salt ( if you are prescribed salt ) are super important as well. As far as diet goes eating smaller, more frequent meals helps. I can't say I have found a dietary supplement that's helped yet but I am always on the look out as adding in more prescription medications is definitely not the ideal.

This symptom coincides with my other POTS symptoms. When I got on the right treatment track for POTS I didn't have this so much anymore. I agree with the compression stockings - if your blood pressure is low they can help a lot. Brain fog can be caused by low blood flow to the brain.