Standing Still

DottyB53

I have had POTS for years and years. The past two years I cannot hold still when standing still. My legs shake and I have to keep moving as well as I feel like I might pass out. My heartrates are 115 at this point not high but then again I am not tolerating the high rates like I use to. I also cannot stand the heat and I turn red when hot and have to go outside to feel better. Any clues or can anyone relate?

thanks

Dotty

This is very normal for POTS. Standing still allows blood to pool in your lower extremities and makes your heart beats that much less efficient in getting blood to your lungs and brain. Fidgeting or outright countermaneuvers such as marching in place, help keep the blood pumping. I, personally, look like I'm doing an aerobics routine at the deli counter and the checkout lanes.

I can so relate, was in the pharmacy yesterday and had to wait in line....so I was literally marching in place and kicking my legs around...my daughter whispered do you need to pee or is that your POTS.? Needles to say if I don't have someone with me and have to wait inline ppl probably think I need to use the bathroom or have possibly a nervous condition.... But you know whatever it takes....I

Just keep moving....

I'm the same. Can't stand still. Get so dizzy blood pools. My feet turn bright red. I'm always shifting weight how I stand. Fidgeting and tightening leg and bum muscles.