Propranolol = Best Thing Ever!! Finally Feeling Normal.

So for the first time in my life, they have FINALLY put me on a beta blocker. Because my blood pressure is so low all the time, I'm on 10mg of Propranolol twice a day, and I can feel a tremendous difference just within the first 48 hours that I've taken it. Things that generally make my heart rate shoot out the roof don't, and I don't feel out of breath constantly... In general I finally feel as normal as I've felt in a long time!! Thank goodness for finally finding a doctor who recognized and labeled the POTS/dysautonomia symptoms and was proactive about it. I hope some of you all have had the same results!!

Best,
Sarah

Propranolol actually raised my blood pressure, just stabilized everything. I thought it felt like they put a muffler on my heart. I'll have to say that the affects of it were better when I first took it but if I miss a dose I can sure tell really quick. Glad it is helping you!

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, Sarah! That's how I started. On midrodrine & propranolol. It felt like I had let go of a 100lb weight I was dragging with me every day. I began to slowly exercise and now I'm weaned off the meds. Now, just light-moderate exercise, lots of water/salt, compression stockings, little to no alcohol or caffeine and not stressing too much in general helps keep me at least functional. Oh, and not getting my period helps, too. ;)

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately, the dose I'm on is now too low and my heart rate went back to being super fast farely quickly... So my physician has added Florinef as she thinks that I'm not retaining any sodium at all since I tend to drink constantly and therefore have to use the restroom constantly, as well. Hopefully the combo of Florinef and Propranolol helps. I'm having a lot of headaches and fatigue recently, for whatever reason... But I think they're exacerbated by my GI issues so hopefully once those get figured out everything else will, as well.

It's crazy how much of these issues are like puzzle pieces that make no sense by themselves but are so dependent on one another.