Hr Goes Up But Blood Pressure The Same - Normal For Pots?

When I stand up, my heart rate goes way up, but my blood pressure stays about the same. Is that normal for POTS? (I also always get dizzy when I stand, and pass out pretty frequently.)

I thought that was common for POTS, but my new neurologist keeps saying how "weird" it is that my blood pressure doesn't drop (even though I do get dizzy), and that it's confusing to her.

Fellow POTS people: does your blood pressure change substantially when you stand?

I was diagnosed with POTS about a year ago by my cardiologist. He said he can't do any more for me, so he referred me to this neurologist. I've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to be making much difference. None of my doctors seem to know very much about POTS and it's getting frustrating!

POTS is strictly a diagnosis based on increased hr. There are other forms of dysautonomia such as Neurocardiogenic Syncope (NCS), that are diagnoses consistent with changes in BP upon standing.

I had no changes in my bp when I was first diagnosed in 2011. Things have changed and my bp occasionally be caught doing something inappropriate now, but, it's still not consistent. My elevated HR is consistent.