Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
25going on 80?

Needing Toilet When Pots Symptoms Flare

My symptoms are all GI with vital sign changes and anxiety. I get em all: progressively soft stools, LUQ abd pain, chest pain (burning) nausea, gagging (usually do not vomit), anxiety, elevated BP (highest was 188/137 per wrist cuff), and an inability to verbalize what I'm feeling. All I can tell my husband is that I feel bad. I call these episodes: storms because that is how it feels inside. Also, I have a rescue plan of meds: Inderal 5mg, LIbrax, & Pepcid complete. I usually sleep on the bathroom floor next to the toilet.

Yes, I have to go usually 5-7 times a day and it coincides with my presyncopal symptoms. I often get cramping and pain, then suddenly have to go to the bathroom without warning. When it happens, I must go immediately. I usually end up sweaty and dizzy. I actually was wearing my bp cuff once when it happened, so was able to get readings. Both my bp and hr were all over the place and bouncing from tachycardia to brady, and low bp to high bp. It was kind of wild to see the numbers.

Yes! You are definitely not alone. When I have an episode, my gut goes into "everybody out!" mode and I have to go a lot--loose stools and I have to urinate a LOT. I find that on bad POTS days I can't keep fluids in me.

Yes I have this and it is dreadful. I actually dread being in company when this happens as it is not nice at all. I think it is one of the worst symptoms for me, as it is often so difficult to manage if you are out of the house, or in situations where there is no toilet. How do you all cope with that?

When things get really bad I use incontinence products. I really hate that but I hate it even more when my bowels empty without using them! I also have urine incontinence which I find easier to deal with. At the moment it's more or less in control but can pop up any time

It's difficult. There is a product called "Poo Pouri" that is made of essential oils. You can Google it. I carry a travel size in my purse to help manage the smell and embarrassment that comes along with this. I also know where the ladies room is everywhere I go. If I go to a new restaurant, I scope it out before I have an emergency so I can not waste any time.