Visual Vertigo?

Wufflebear

Happy Friday everyone!

I have been noticing for some time that when my heart rate is higher.. 90+ resting or higher obviously standing up.. That I get really dizzy and confused. Some patterns I think make it worse. Squares seem to drive me nuts. Like in a mall or store with the square packages, tiling etc. (I have had this since I was in Jr. High). Is that part of being dysautonomic? Or is it a vertigo type thing?

I got into a store the other day and got so dizzy and confused it took me a while to figure out how to get out.. Not fun. Does anyone else have issues with patterns or visual things messing with their head?

I have some of these symptoms, tiles especially white and black offset ones annoy my vision but I also get afterimages, venetian blings also mess with me visually, and yea a lot of repeating patters than are found on fabrics and shirts can be a bit much to look at at times. I also have depersonalization disorder so I tend to relate these visual symptoms with that.

Yes very bad for past 5 yrs. patterns, stripes, carpets, anything makes me more vertigoey if that's a word. It's been there so long now I don't even remember a time not feeling it.

Hi Sarah! Still here been pretty rotten. Thanks for noticing. Hope ur managing ok?

Allie, I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's cooled off a bit in your corner of the world so you have a break with the temperature regulation? It's fall here, but I've been struggling a bit with that still. Layering on, off, flushing, goosegumps, etc. etc., you know the drill. Have also been dealing with Raynaud's symptoms quite a bit in my feet this summer, so I'm a bit nervous as to what the winter weather will bring. Take good care of yourself, Sarah

As I stated above, my girls have had this for a few years now, but as we are all agreeing that we have this problem, has anyone found anything to help? I've been researching madly again and it appears to be something called a hyperactive vestibulo-ocular reflex. How do you even it out? My girls have vertigo constantly, my oldest is starting to decondition. The doctor at Stanford in the Autonomic Clinic could not believe the severity of it. He used the words "debilitating, severe, and handicapping all in one sentence! We know this happens, how does it get fixed? We see an ENT on Monday at UCSF, if I get any good advice, I'll let everybody know (not holding my breath, though).

Glad you liked it. As I was searching, I also came across the statement that hypoperfusion of the inner ear can cause vertigo, and of course most of us have hypoperfusion issues, so that could also be a cause. That might be more liekly for me because I have actually been having much fewer migraines than I used to, so I don't know why they would be causing the vertigo.