Cryogenics?

Stace915

Hi has anyone tried cryogenics/cryotherapy, specifically the cold chamber that you are in for 3 minutes? I have read a lot about it and it sounds like it would be helpful for my Fibro and EDS pain but that it could also help with some of my POTS symptoms. I am little concerned about the extreme cold possibly causing me to have a POTS episode. If anyone has tried it, please let me know how your experience was. Thank you!

This is from Cryohealthcare:

Who should not use whole body cryotherapy?

The following conditions are contraindications to whole body cryotherapy: Pregnancy, severe Hypertension (BP> 160/100), acute or recent myocardial infarction, unstable angina pectoris, arrhythmia, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, cardiac pacemaker, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, venous thrombosis, acute or recent cerebrovascular accident, uncontrolled seizures, Raynaud’s Syndrome, fever, tumor disease, symptomatic lung disorders, bleeding disorders, severe anemia, infection, claustrophobia, cold allergy, age less than 18 years (parental consent to treatment needed), acute kidney and urinary tract diseases.

What are the risks of whole body cryotherapy?

Whole body Cryothherapy is very well tolerated and has minimal risks: Fluctuations in blood pressure during the procedure by up to 10 points systolically (this effect reverses after the end of the procedure, as peripheral circulation returns to normal), allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare), claustrophobia, redness, and skin burns (only if exposed to low temperatures longer than recommended).

You may have already seen these risks.. do you have a pots doc you can ask?

Sarah