Compression Stockings Opinions?

Evergreen

I am looking to buy some 30-40 mmhg waist high stockings. I currently have OTC graduated compression stockings that I think have helped my symptoms.

My question is: will it still work just as well if I get Open Toe? I don't like the tightness on my toes of my current pair but am willing to deal with it if the Open Toe works less than the closed toe.

The pair I found is from the brand Sigvaris Access. Anyone tried that brand?

TIA,

Evergreen

I actually wore compression leggings ( couldn't stand pressure on my feet ) for several years and found them to be very helpful until they started causing burning to my skin so I had to stop wearing them. I would think open toes should not alter the effectiveness of your compression hose.

I have used both closed and open toe stockings and never distinguished a difference between the two. I personally just prefer the closed toe that feel more like regular stockings. :) It is important to use the correct size, too big you will not see the full benefit and too small well...

Hope you find what you are looking for. (I found mine online)

I was told to wear waist high stockings. I've been unable to find closed-toe ones which fit me since I've lost weight (I'm pretty tall) - needed to start wearing the leggings or open toe ones just so the crotch wouldn't be halfway down my thighs when the legs are the proper size. Aside from no longer having the crotch low slung I have not noticed any difference between the closed and open toe ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told the compression starts at the ankle in stockings, so I can't see whether open or closed toe would make a difference.

I just purchased thigh high stockings after a couple years of knee high (the doctor wanted me in waist high, we compromised with thighs)... And I cannot get them on, lol. i ended up dislocating a hip in the middle of trying (I'm also EDS), and kinda had to lay there like a turtle on its back for a bit. It was actually funny, but man... Gonna have to work on this a bit, lol.