question about loosing all feeling in legs

BabieDollHLC

Hi Everyone! I was just woundering if any of u have ever lost total feeling in your legs. I have experienced it a few times. It's usually If I come close to fainting, and sometimes it happens after I wake up from fainting. My doctor said it was from Pots. It's pretty scary to not be able to feel your legs at all! Jw if any of u have had this happen!

I've had numbness in my feet and legs, but not total loss of feeling. The worst I ever experienced it was during my tilt table test when my legs and feet were painfully numb. It most likely has to do with poor blood flow through the legs.

The weird thing is, my sister has these symptoms more often than I, and she was diagnosed with MS. We have a lot of similar symptoms, but she doesn't have tachycardia and I have been ruled out for MS.

I don't get total loss of feeling, but I do get tingling & weakness in my arms and legs when I feel like I am going to pass out- like when I've been standing up for a long time. I'm sure it is just from the poor circulation, and perhaps a drop in blood pressure as well. I know it can be scary, I remember before I was diagnosed, I had this happen all the time, and they tested me to rule out MS and neurological disorders. To me, it's somewhat relieving to know that it's from the POTS and not somerthing else ... but it's no fun for sure!

• 14 years later...

The body is a funny thing.  It does amazing things to save itself. When there is a change in function and the body thinks it need to reserve its blood flow (blood loss is common cause) it will divert blood from the arms and legs and in doing that it decreases the available oxygen flow which leads to numbness, tingling and change in sensation. Once the danger has passed it returns to normal. Simple biology which definitely affects those with dysautonomia

I have Drop Attacks, it's fainting while conscious. My  legs lose feeling and down I go. PT has helped a lot with making me stronger to hold myself up if I am near a chair or counter to grasp. It always appears to be accompanied by sudden bradycardia.