Pain In Diaphragm

valiz

I was wondering if anyone else experiences tightness and discomfort in the lower lung/diaphragm area. It feels very tight like their would be a tight band around it. I believe I am a shallow breather. I do use a C-pap at night for apnea, My original diagnosis was POTS and NMH but now have progressed PAF. liz

Hi liz, I've read in a few journal articles that some patients with PAF experience chest wall pain (pain around the cartilage that connects your ribs to your sternum) due to possible angina pectoris. Which may explain the tightness feeling you are describing. Have you talked to your doctor about this? If not i'd suggest giving them a call.

Sarah

I have had this in the past, but not so often now (a year or so later). I was in the shower once and it tightened up so bad I could not stand up straight. I mentioned it to a pulmonologist but got no explanation :( (like most of my symptoms).

When I happens I just try to stretch my arms overhead and breathe slowly and try to relax.....or lie down and stretch my arms overhead.