Cymbalta For Pain

srb

I used it twice for a while each time. I thought it did a good job with the pain and was a pretty good antidepressant as a bonus. However both times I gained a lot of weight for me. Like 20 lbs in a month or two. I've been thin my whole life. It's the only thing that's ever caused me to gain weight so I blame the Cymbalta. I lost the weight when I stopped taking it. I didn't gain weight on Effexor or gabapentin, which are also known to cause wieght gain in some people. Everybody's different.

Thank you for replying with your experience. I'm encouraged to hear how it did help with pain. The lists of side effects online said about decreased appetite/nausea so I'm surprised to hear about weight gain. I already have a bit of a weight gain issue with the Fludrocortisone (Florinef) I take :-(

The florinef weight gain is from fluid retention from it holding more salt in your system (instead of excreting it through your kidneys into your urine) in order to increase blood volume. It not like you're gaining fat. If you feel too swollen you can reduce you salt intake, or with drs permission, the florenif. It's not an exact science. Optimal is enough florenif to allow normal salt intake and maintain appropriate salt balance. Blood work may show an increased sodium if one or the other is too much and not balanced correctly.

Yes, my cardiologist recently gave me permission to reduce the Florinef if I'm able to tolerate that. I'm trying taking it every other day instead of every day. I've quite a bit of blood work recently and things seem okay except for slightly low potassium.

This medication made my son's heart race. My son has started on a medication called LDN. It's used for chroninc pain and EDS patients. If you google LDN and EDS, you should be able to find some good articles. This medication does not work instantly but raises endorphines that will help reduce pain levels gradually.