Anyone Else In Milwaukee Area + Dr's?

p8d

Hi All,

I'm looking for others in the Milwaukee area and their experiences with Dr's. I'm seeing an ANS neurologist with Aurora but after 6 months and (at their request) sending a list of my symptoms for SS disability insurance this Dr suggested I see a neuropyschologist and seems to think my LONG list of neurological problems are not physiological (even with elevated epi/norepi levels on blood work and 'anxiety' always at 4pm daily). I did go for the initial interview but it destroyed me for 36 hours, mental overstimulation is one of my biggest triggers apparently. I have an appointment at Medical College of Wisconsin with Dr Chelimsky in January and a naturopathic Dr for possible Lyme next week. Just wondering about any experiences/suggestions for ANS Dr's in the area. Thanks.

P

• 2 weeks later...

Just got on here and saw your question. I'm from Milw but haven't lived there in a long time. I've heard lots of good things about Drs. Chelimsky. You should be in good hands there. As to the Lyme, I saw on a slide from Dr. Grubb at the recent Dysautonomia conference he listed Lyme as a cause of POTS. My son has Pots and was dx two years later with Lyme by a cdc positive blood test, though a positive blood test isn't required for dx.

As for the Dr. referring you to mental health, this unfortunately is a common scenario when a Dr. doesn't have answers, blame the patient. Lyme can cause many neuro psychiatric symptoms.

Good luck with your treatment!

Hi KCmom,

Thanks much for the info. I didn't know Dr Grubb believes Lyme can be a cause. I know the whole topic is controversial. Nice to hear good things about Dr Chelimsky. Just wish I didn't have to wait so long. Hopefully the Lyme treatment will start to show results by then. Thanks again.

P