Referral To Vanderbilt - What To Expect?

Tuesday

I went about a year and a half ago and saw Dr. Raj, though he has since left and gone to an autonomic clinic in Canada. I had the testing done on one day then went back two days later for the results. I spent about an hour talking about the results and recommendations which was nice because there was plenty of time to talk about my concerns etc. They sent a packet of info before the appointment with instructions like which meds to hold and not to eat before the test. It also explained which tests are done. They gave me a copy of the results to take with me along with a summary of recommendations. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Guest KiminOrlando

I went about 8 years ago and saw Dr. David Robertson. I believe he is still there. I had testing done and he put me on medication. I found the visit very helpful. It took about 5 months to get in. I think he travels a lot as a dysautonomia speaker. I don't know if he still sees patients.

If you are at a dead end where you are, Vandy is a good next step. My doctor submitted my case and it was accepted. Did your doctor submit for a consultation or are you going on your own?

Good luck

KimĀ 

In my case, they were able to work me in quickly because I was already a patient in a different department. The testing was helpful as were the recommendations on meds, fluids, exercise and high sodium foods. I know that the research side is different than going as a regular patient. You will likely get in much quicker but I think they only do whatever treatment the research calls for rather than getting a full autonomic work up.