Standing Up To Pots

Since we have so many new members, I thought this website might be helpful.

http://standinguptopots.org/treatment/exercise

It has taken three years, but I do a 30 minute boot camp class six days a week. Most of the people I work out with don’t know I have Dysautonomia. The ones who do know really don’t understand what it means. Since I started the class six months ago, I have fallen a few times, lost my balance many times, and struggle every time. I am known as the silent warrior, because I quietly push through and finish every class when others are visibly struggling. What keeps me pushing myself is that I don’t want to lose my battle with this disorder. Even if I have to deal with it for the rest of my life, I am determined to do it on my terms, and not miss out on life. I do find that I get a small window of feeling normal, which makes it worth it. I have hypersomnia in addition to fatigue, so I am really tired the rest of the day. There are days though that if I have a headache, or I am lightheaded because my heartrate is too low, exercise helps me feel better. I had to start out slow, but with time I am able to do more.

Hi Rachel, Thanks for the post.

lmfree, I just wanted to say that you have the kind of determination that will continue to push you forward, and hopefully motivate others in the process! It must be so difficult at times, please know that we are all here behind you at DINET and rooting for you! It really struck a cord with me when you said, "Even if I have to deal with it for the rest of my life, I am determined to do it on my terms, and not miss out on life." I love that, thank you for sharing that with us. I need reminders every so often to not miss out on life, so thank you lmfree :) Wishing you continued strength to keep up all your very hard work! Sarah