I have Barrett's Esophagus caused by I believe acid reflux, I'm not sure if there's a difference between bile and acid reflux. I used over the counter stuff for awhile before going to the Dr and none of them worked. I use Pantoprazole now and it works great, there was one or two more I used before but had to switch because of insurance and cost, all the prescription stuff has worked well though. If you haven't already see your doctor, also ask if an endoscopy would help. I had one and that's how they determined I have Barrett's Esophagus, they told me my entire esophagus liner was gone and my stomach liner grew in its place, which is thiner and weaker they told me. They also have to recheck me every few years. I don't know if that could happen to you cause I'm not a doctor haha, I just never thought acid reflux could turn into something more serious so it's best not to wait.

I'very been on Nexium for a few years for acid reflux and it works well for it. The Dr said there wasn't any acid present when she performed the endoscopy. There was a lot of bile. Have been taking Gavison which helps temporarily. My doc suggested I see a doc that performs surgery for reflux but I think I would like to try more meds before that. So far my esophagus is undamaged. The surgery for bile reflux is actually gastric bypass, the weight loss surgery. Don't even know if I would be a candidate for that. Am not overweight. Well I'd like to lose about 20 lbs :) but from what I've heard much more weight is lost with that surgery.

Hey Cleo I used to have acid reflux alot, what I found that helped it was drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water; so like a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Medications for me only helped while I was on them, so it didn't really fix anything so I pretty much just changed my diet eating less stuff with tomatoes, not drinking gatorade too close to when I was going to bed, things like that.

I've heard that apple cider vinegar helps acid reflux. It seems like it would make it worse. Wonder if it would help with bile reflux. I have been following a diet of no spice, no fried foods, very limited veggies, for years for crohns disease which I have in addition to pots. The only culprits left in my diet are caffiene, margarine and mayo. I've cut down on my caffeine but am having a hard time giving it up completely. It makes me feel better potswise. Never knew I'd miss margerine and mayo so much : )

Hi have no idea how cider vinegar would affect bile reflux. The theory behind in helping regular acid reflux is that, through the body's feedback loops, the vinegar makes the body recognize the presence of enough acid in the stomach and helps slow or stop the body from releasing more acid into the stomach. The catch is if you have damage to your esophageal or stomach lining (even you small bowel lining g) due to the acid, the vinegar can still irritate this as your body's natural acid does. So you can continue to cause damage with the vinegar depending on your situation. I would recommend talking to a doctor about using vinegar before trying it.