Had 3 Autonomic Tests Done Today (Qsart, Valsalva, And Not Sure What The Other Was

Thankfully I was able to lay down the whole time. ALL this was soooooooo much easier to deal with than my tilt table test and I didn't even stop my medicine for that which they had me do for these tests. I'm wondering for those who went through the testing, Did anyone else get extremely warm the last 4-5 seconds of blowing out during the valsalva? My back got warm and my leg got warm in fact I even said OMG I think I might have pee'd myself (got a cath in and have cath bladder strapped to bag) but then the the next time I had to blow my whole body just heated up. It stopped once I was able to stop blowing and relax but ****! And the QSART. I was feeling the electrical charge before the lady thought she was starting the test. I had no idea that I would be feeling any type of pain. I joked that had I known I was going to be "electrocuted that maybe she should move the stuff to my head lol. Thankfully the pain stopped after a minute or so. And I found out afterwards that the Neuro who ordered this (mine just had a baby) just started vacation. LOVELY

Didn't get warm, but during my qsart, I felt such intense pain I was screaming and crying (I'm a wimp, what can we say)... The doctor overseeing mine laughed and pointed to my tattooed arms, and said "you say this hurts, and you have two tattoos, how did you survive those?" i swear, I don't remember my tats hurting as much as this test did, but as a friend pointed out, "you're a lot more sensitive to things now than back then, you can't even shower without crying now because the water feels like glass."

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. That's too bad you're going to wait for test results. Hopefully some useful information will be forthcoming.

Didn't get warm, but during my qsart, I felt such intense pain I was screaming and crying (I'm a wimp, what can we say)... The doctor overseeing mine laughed and pointed to my tattooed arms, and said "you say this hurts, and you have two tattoos, how did you survive those?" i swear, I don't remember my tats hurting as much as this test did, but as a friend pointed out, "you're a lot more sensitive to things now than back then, you can't even shower without crying now because the water feels like glass."

I wasn't screaming and crying outloud (inside I was at least for the first few minutes) then it all went away. Weird. I go from one extreme to the other and it *****! I just wish my body would make up it's mind.

And yes it feels good Katybug! I'm just so over all of this. I was a former Ultra runner ( longest race I ran was 100 miles) and training for all that was NOTHING for compared to dealing with all this. Thankfully my body is crying uncle and things are finally showing up in tests so within the next few weeks pretty much what's going on with me. It's not going to be good, but at least I'll know and we can get a plan started. That's all I can ask for

Ok, so, I can get warm when breathing hard so I don't think you are alone. And, most of all, I would like to say that running 100 miles is the most I've ever heard of someone running before. You rock chickie! I know you probably feel pretty yucky right now but I hope you do get some answers so that, as you said, a definite plan goes in place. The fact that you were so in shape previous to feeling ill will only help you. :)