How To Take Salt Tablets?

I do not have a problem with my stomach with salt pills. However, I do sometimes have problems swallowing and I have to swallow a lot of pills. One trick I learned is to put my chin down to swallow. It is counterintuitive but it really helps.

I used to babysit a little girl who had to take a pill for her asthma. She couldn't swallow it, so we put it between 2 spoons, crushed it, and then mixed it in a teaspoon of strawberry jelly. She ate it off the spoon that way. Maybe you can verify with the doc or pharmacist that something like that would be a safe way to administer it. I would think you could use peanut butter or anything gooey like that to mix it in if it's ok to crush it.

When I first started taking salt tablets I dissolved them in water, it made it taste horrible to me but it worked. I just kept at trying to swallow them and now I can, I ALWAYS eat something no matter how little with it to help avoid any upset stomach.

Back in February I was given some pain pills I could hardly swallow, and my doctor suggested coating them in butter to help. I also do the chin down thing, but my body has this thing where it will start swallowing, and then stop, so they kinda just hang there sometimes. Butter helped.

• 6 years later...

I need to take salt tablets: here is what I am doing. I take a teaspoon of jelly an add two or three tablets (1 g each) in the spoon. That's perfect! I don't get any salt taste and swallow it easily. I also ordered gelatin capsules. I will fill them with crushed tablets or regular salt. But the jelly seems to be just fine for me.