Pots And Itching

Just wondering if people with POTS get generally itchy skin. It's been interfering with my sleep lately. I've been relatively asymptomatic so far this year so it's probably something else, but wanted to check

ove had a weird rash since october 2014 and When i am hot or just get out of the shower it flares and I get itchy. Its strange. Plus the past couple days I have just been itchy! For no reason and no rash where I am itchy!

Definitely have issues with itching and rashes. Thought it was MCAS related but as I've been playing with methylation and mitochondrial support supplements, I have found I can generally impact the itching and rashes more with balancing methyl B12, methyl folate and potassium than with all the antihistamines I take.

i itch constantly all the way around my jaw line feel like taking a brillo pad to it... !!!!!!!!!!! sometimes my arms and other areas but always my jaw ....drives me insane have tried just about everything to calm it down..wish i knew what was causing it ..no rash or bumps or dry skin just itches ...weird

I have itching due to small fiber neuropathy. It happens mostly at night, jumps around my body and is not associated with rash. Very annoying symptom. There is an abstract about it, but I am unable to paste anything here. Why is that? Anyway, if anyone wants to look it up.. the title is "Pruritus: an underrecognized symptom of small-fiber neuropathies" by Brenaut E., et al. Conclusion is: Pruritus occurs frequently in patients with SFN and could be recognized as a possible presenting symptom, especially if there are other sensory or autonomic symptoms.

Mine happens if I get out in the heat. I don't get a visible rash, just as I get hotter, I get itchier. I have quit sweating for the most part, so I am picturing things going on around the sweat glands to cause this. Maybe trapped/built up toxins, etc. Just my little theory and probably wrong. Oh, and when I do begin to itch, it happens mostly on my torso.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been trying more organic, less chemical products. I found a place that will send samples so you can try them before you purchase. I have found my shampoo and conditioner makes a difference. I wash my hair in the shower and the product gets on your skin. I'm also using more organic, natural soaps. Making a difference. The name of the store is online and is called Revescent. 

Issie

I don't have mast cell, MCAS or anything else (other than seasonal allergies).    I because I have trouble staying hydrated, my skin is very dry and sensitive.  I think this is a pretty common symptom for POTS even without the co-conditions.  If you have a rash or something else that seems like an allergic reaction, I'd see a dr about it.  We are all so very different - and allergic reactions can be dangerous.