Sweat Test

db2504

Has anyone had normal breathing and normal sweat test but still diagnosed with POTS? We just cant seem to get an answer as to definite diagnosis. This is all so frustrating, yet my daughters symptoms continue to materialize. Her quality of life is really suffering!!! Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, on the two tilt table tests I've had they have done the sweat test part, both times my sweat tests were normal, and the first time my breathing segment showed an abnormal response however on the second my breathing test was fine. On both tilt tables however I had the characteristic rise in heart rate of +35 points. Did your daughter's tilt table show a strong heartrate increase? Or was blood pressure affected in any abnormal way?

Hi statesof. Yes on both of my daughter's ttt her hr went above the reqd 30 bpm and then abruptly drops into the 50's. So the numbers are indicative of POTS and NMS, but the neurologist has yet to officially commit to a diagnosis. I'm just so worried about her bc her quality of life is not great. Thanks for your response. It made me feel a little bit better about a POTS diagnosis.