Sweat Test

db2504

I think there are different types. One type I had placed little suction cups several places on the body and involved little tingling currents. The other was at the Mayo clinic I was dusted with a powder and placed in a hot box. I stayed in as long as I could. Getting close to the amount of time they wanted. Very difficult when heat causes problems for you. In any case they are testing your body's ability to sweat. I had loss of sweating on several parts of my body...called hypo hydrosis. Let me know if you have other questions about the test. Good luck!!!!

Hi DB, I hope that all is very well with you and your family! Here's some info for you... You can find some information on DINETs Site, under the http://www.dinet.org/index.php/information-resources/pots-place/pots-detection - Scroll down til you see Sweat Test

"Thermoregulatory Sweat test (TST) is a measure of a patient’s ability to sweat when stimulated by a warm and humid environment. This test assesses both the central and peripheral autonomic nervous system’s control of sweating and body temperature regulation (thermoregulation). The pattern of sweating abnormality detected by this test can be helpful in diagnosing a variety of neuroligical and autonomic disorders that may cause reduced sweating (anhidrosis) or excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). These disorders include small fiber and autonomic neuropathies, radiculopathies, and central autonomic disorders including multiple system atrophy, Parkinson’s disease with autonomic dysfunction, and pure autonomic failure." clevelandclinic.com

*Db, I add more later on this evening!

Sarah