Lemon Water. Good Or Bad For Us?

artluvr09

I made lemon water yesterday and today because I want to try not to drink so much g2 because of the artificial flavors. Except I noticed the lemon water makes me pee more! Sorry for the tmi lol. I was wondering is it good or bad? Because i don't want to flush out the electrolytes i need from my body. Anyone know of an all natural electrolyte drink recipe?

Lemon is a natural diuretic. Not sure how many lemons you would have to consume though for it to become a problem, however, I find coconut water most helpful when I need rehydration. It is rich in potassium. It's expensive and I do not drink it every day, but will drink it on particularly POTS-y days.

According to this university site:

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/lemon.html

Medicinal Uses: Lemon juice is widely known as a diuretic, antiscorbutic, astringent, and febrifuge.

I like lemon water but I usually put a bit of salt in it. It can be sweetened with stevia instead of sugar. I use ecodrink and zipfizz. It can be costly with how much water we have to drink. I don't make it full strength.

Depending on your insurance and what country you live in, you might be able to get a prescription for an electrolyte drink like pedialyte. My son gets it for free but he has Medicaid as a secondary insurance.

the one thing I like about lemon water is that it helps keep a good PH. This prevents all other kinds of problems such as infections. Bacteria and cancer love acidic bodies. I don't have any references for this at the moment but you can go on google scholar and find articles about PH levels and disease.