Ongoing Battle With Pots

Greetings! I have had pots for about 17 years. It has been managable at times but the last year has been horrible. I aquired another autoimmune disease and taking low dose prednisone which I HATE. I am having problems standing in lines going to the stores. I also now have horrible sensitivity to lights in the stores and have to leave immediately. Anyone realate to any of this?

Thanks!

Dotty

I have light sensitivity due to my chronic migraines. Is it possible to wear your sunglasses in the stores? I sometimes have to wear my sunglasses indoors to cut the harsh glare. I go through phases when I find standing in line very difficult. I don't have a great answer for that. I have scoped out the least busy times at my grocery store and pharmacy and try to go at those times but it's not always possible.

I have also had a lot of problems with lines. I start shaking and feel faintish but never faint. I keep looking at the walkers with the seats but haven't pulled the trigger on that.

Bright lights also bother me and I also have migraines like Katybug. Sporting some RayBans sounds like a great idea. And we will look so awesome!

Hello Dotty,

I can certainly relate to both difficulty standing in lines and light sensitivity. Like Katie I try to shop during the less busy hours. I shift around a lot probably looking as if I need to use the restroom all the time but it seems to help. When I could tolerate them compression hose helped a lot. For light sensitivity I wear sunglasses sometimes indoors depending upon how bad of a day I am having and always outdoors. When I walk outside I wear a hat with a visor. Yes. These issues are definitely very frustrating.

Janet

Florecnt lighting can be a huge migraine trigger for many migraine suffer's. At the support groups I facilitate, we use the board room that has adjustable lighting and request that members who have light sensitivity should bring sunglasses or protective eyewear.

http://migrashades.com/

All of these work really well for me, they are pricey but worth it if you take good care of them and they can prevent a migraine from coming.

I actually had to leave a job a long time ago because of the lighting. It's a really bad trigger that hopefully they'll come out with some research and help for us!

Good luck to you with everything, Sarah