Have You Had A Seizure?

To the layman a seizure is hard to distinguish from convulsive syncope, but generally one with POTS it should be first to determine if it is convulsive syncope. My son#2 has dealt with this issue for 15 years. He has H-EDS, NCS/POTS and convulsive syncope. It has been determined by two university hospitals that in fact his were CS. The official cause was listed as Anoxic in nature due to Hypovolemia, so they added florinef, salt, liquids, toprol xl, and dilantin as a class b Antiarrhythmic.

DADofPotsSon

I recently got a look at my TTT results and was alarmed by the following note: "She lost consciousness and had early seizure type activity due to a drop in her heart rate to about 80 beats per minute and blood pressure to 81/49 mmHg." None of the doctors I have seen so far have mentioned anything about this, so I'm not sure what that means. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't know if this is a normal symptom for POTS patients...

Hi thejohnsongang & everybody,

I'm so sorry you are scared, I remember when I had my first seizure I was terrified. It's a total sense of lack of control and vulnerability. I wish I could write more at the moment, however I'm feeling really poorly, just wanted to know if you've had an EEG right after your seizure?? If you did have an EEG, would you mind sharing the results.. If the EEG is normal/Abnormal, and also your symptoms before and after would be really helpful so I can send some links and info your way. Take care and hang in there

Cbear1591, I will get back to you as soon as I am able to do so! I'm sorry you are going through all of this, I can't believe they didn't even mention that to you after your Tilt, fingers crossed your doctor will be able to shed some light for you. I had these links saved..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12963568

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21870474

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20046517

Dadofpotsson,

That's a great explanation as well a really thorough med combo that your son was put on! I hope he found relief with that. hope all is well, Sarah

Thanks for the imput. I have passed out several times due to my Pots but no one has ever witnessed it until last week. It's the first time my hubby saw me pass out. I have never seen neurology, my PCP and cardiologist have always treated me. None of my syncope episodes have ever been caught on test. Not even my TTT. I have never heard of the term convulsive syncope until now. I will have to do some research on that.