My Dog Passed Away.

Bigskyfam

I've had my dog longer than I've had my diagnosis of dysautonomia. Yet it feels like I've had dysautonomia longer. For 3 weeks we've watched our 5 year old dog deteriorate. Pain, not himself... While doctors were left scratching their heads for he didn't look like he was suffering. He took a turn overnight and we got the news that he had an aggressive cancer with no chance if survival. We said goodbye today. My heart hurts literally and figuratively. My companion on horizontal days is gone. While I lay here trying to compose my self and system, I'm reminded that I have an invisable illness and I do have limitations. The grief and stress is great. My vitals don't lie. What I am thankful for is my husband who helped me to the vet to the car and to my bed and who helped me tell our kiddos. He's a strong man. Fluids, rest and time.

Bigsky!

I am so so sorry! I've had similar struggles with a kitty and, almost with my horse yesterday. It is an undescribable heaviness on your heart and I can only say that I believe all my and your beautiful fur babies are all together now, playing with and taking care of each other, the way they took care of us. Know that I have shed a tear for you and your sweet boy today. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear this. Our pets give us so much don't they. Especially when we are ill. They are a godsend. It would be very hard to lose one so close.

I am so sorry for your loss Bigskyfam. My heart breaks for you. I understand your pain as I lost my horse to colic a number of years ago. Losing our four legged family members is just devastating. I'm praying peace and comfort for you.

Janet

I lost my 3 yr old pup a couple of years ago to cancer. I tried to keep in mind I gave her a wonderful life doing what she loved best - running in the mountains. I also gave her the gift of a peaceful passing - I think they're not meant to suffer. My daughter, who was 7 at the time, asked me if dogs go to heaven. I told her I'd like to think so. She said, "well mom, isn't heaven perfect?". I responded - "that's what they say". And she said, "well then, there has to be dogs there if heaven's perfect".

Out of the mouth of babes.

I'm so very sorry to log on tonight and read about your loss of your dear dog. When we are sick they bond with us in a very unique way. My boy saved my life one night when the line from my port's iv severed and I was bleeding out all over my bed room floor in the middle of the night. I was sound asleep, but he wouldn't Stop barking till I woke I saw what was going on. There is a wonderful video online called the rainbow bridge. Grab a bunch of tissues and watch it. It's beautiful, but will make you cry good tears knowing one day you will meet again. I wish I coulld find a man who could love me like my dog does. UNCONDITIONALLY! I will say a special prayer for you right now. Blessings- bellaMia

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys. It was too hard and lonely without a furry companion. We were blessed to be asked to be a part of a new furry friends life. He is a two year old male terrier mix that was trained in the prison system in the states. He knows basic commands and is as loyal and helpful as they come. While he isn't a certified assisting dog, he is a smart intune little guy with lots of love and laughs to offer. Which was an easier process than obtaining a service dog and a rewarding one since he's touched so many lives in a positive way